5 Ways to Improve Your New Year Business Strategy in 2022
New year business resolutions are all well and good, but you can’t forget that a lot of them will be forgotten as soon as the first few months of the new year pass us by. In order to make sure your resolutions stay on track for more than a fleeting moment, consider using some of these 5 simple steps to help improve your business strategy in 2022.
A lot of those “goals” sound great on paper, but without any structured movement towards achieving them, they’re just empty promises. There’s nothing wrong with setting goals; it’s what you do afterwards that makes all the difference.. If you’re going to make a resolution for your online business, do it with the necessary planning and forethought.
1. Know What You’re Resolving To Do
Saying that you want to increase business or improve your product is great, but what does it mean? How are you going to accomplish this? What steps need to be taken in order for you to come to your goal?
Not only that, but how can you keep yourself accountable so that these goals are actually met. Look at some of the goals or resolutions made by people who were successful in achieving them. Did they outline specific steps on how they were going to achieve their goal? You should do no less if you want yours met as well.
2. Make A Plan Of Action
Once you’ve set the goals, how are you going to achieve them? What types of actions do you need to take in order for this to happen? Don’t just draw up a list of tasks and be done with it, but a plan that is well-defined and easy to understand. Too many people make resolutions that are all great on paper but not easily actionable, so adding specifics as well as an outline will help keep your business goals realistic.
3. Communicate Your Goals To Others
Get key people in your life on board. Share your goals with those you want to help you achieve them. Let them know which tasks you need of them, and how they can help you reach these goals. Having others share their support and knowledge will help keep you focused on the goal and make it much more likely that this resolution will be met.
4. Review Your Plan Often
Once in a while, review your plan again as a way of ensuring you’re still on track and not getting off track with the things that need to be done. Do this periodically and make adjustments as needed so that you’re effectively making progress toward achieving your goals.
5. Keep Your Own Goals In Mind
This one is about making sure you’re still on track and focused on your long-term goals as well as your short-term goals. Don’t get so caught up in proceeding to achieving your business goals that you forget to look forward to what they will bring to you in the future. You’re a smart guy or gal, so don’t let yourself get caught up with tasks that take all of your time without any value or benefit only a month later. The worst thing is doing something halfway and giving up halfway through it because it’s too hard.
The key to providing an effective resolution is by knowing what you want to do and how you’re going to achieve it, and reviewing the steps in order to ensure that the tasks are actually being done. Having other people on board will help keep your goals in mind and ensure they stay on track. Our team at Hey V.A can help with setting up, implementing and keeping track of your goals. We’ll alleviate the added stresses that take your time and focus away from completing your targets. We have financial planners, marketing & social planners ready for your New Year business plan.
Now you have no excuse not to concentrate on improving your 2022 business plan for the sake of your business.
Sydney Virtual Assistant Australia small business management how to become a virtual assistant virtual solutions outsourcing administration
How To Stay Motivated During Lockdown
I know what to do, i’m just not doing it.
We all have goals. We all have a task list or “deliverables” we need to complete, but we find other tasks that keep us busy and take up our time.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The question is, “How do I get motivated enough to get these tasks done when I simply don’t want to do them?”⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did your mum ever say this? “You don’t have to want to do it; you just have to do it.” I hated it, but now I find myself re-telling my toddler on the daily. Go figure.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you ever find yourself feeling a lack of motivation, here are some tips to get back in the motivation zone!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Write down your “why”—and remind yourself why your WHY is so important to you. (Your “Why” is your unique reason you are running your business, doing your job, doing all the things you do. Is it to support your family, set yourself up for retirement, buy that dream car? Whatever it is, write it down and post it somewhere visible. Each action step in the direction of your goals also aligns with your WHY.)
2. Ask yourself, “How do I want to feel at the end of the day?” Most entrepreneurs and business professionals like the feeling of accomplishment. Look at the remainder of your day and think about what will make you feel the most productive and happy. Not just “busy work” – but action steps that get you closer to your goal on a weekly, daily and even hourly basis.
3. Get the MOST IMPORTANT task completed first. By human nature, we sometimes want to take care of the easiest (and sometimes LEAST important) things first. Look at your task list. Think about the thing you LEAST want to do—and it is likely the same task that will produce the MOST results. DO THAT TASK FIRST. You will feel accomplished and more on top of everything throughout your day.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀